France Five Index du Forum France Five
le sentai français

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

France Five English Subtitles

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    France Five Index du Forum -> Jushi Sentai France Five
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sgtkira
Visiteur

MessagePosté le: 29 Déc 2012, 23:00    Sujet du message: France Five English Subtitles Répondre en citant

Hello, I am from a fansubbing group that is working on France Five english subtitles. We have the first 3 episodes translated, and they are in edting. There are 2 questions I would like to ask you today.

1. Do you plan on working on or hosting English subtitles for episodes 1-3? I have to speak with my associates, but personally, I would be glad to hand them over to you, since you are the creators of this series.

2. Would you be able to fix the links on your English portion of the website? Americans are able to download the episodes you provide from the French section of the site, but from what I can see, the English subtitles are only being provided on the English portion of the site, and are basically inaccessible. If you do not have access to your English subtitles anymore, we would be glad to work on and provide you those as well. The same goes for episode 5.

I would also like to add that we have worked on one of The Making of specials for episode 2, if you would like that as well. We could also just provide the subtitle files on our site and link to yours for the episodes themselves, if you prefer. I just to make sure that you are aware that we do wish to give them to you, and that we definitely do not want to steal your work.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Aptarus
Visiteur

MessagePosté le: 16 Jan 2013, 23:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello sgtkira,

I am not from the France Five staff however I'll explain the current situation, that you'll probably find interesting. What follows is an approximative translation of what Alex Pilot announced us recently :

France Five 6 has now an official release date : it will premiere in Tokyo on March 17th, then in Paris on April 12th and finally the 20th in Nice at the "Cartoonist" (the original otaku/animation convention were France Five was shown for the first time). What might interest you is that a DVD release is also planned (for the Paris premiere) and the staff hopes for subtitles (english subtitles). As they are all involved in a lot of activity, they require "us", the fans, to do some work (except for episode 6 of course, which they will handle).

The DVD would be sold (in France) for no profit but its content would also be downloadable and shareable (each contributor has to relinquish his rights, although he will be credited on the DVD).
Also the DVD would not only contain the episodes but also various features that were made, especially on France Five 5 - I'm not 100% percent sure, I should confirm this with Alex.
~

The (French) fans are already organizing but we obviously lack native English speakers. Here is a link to the forum post where Alex tells us about the DVD (but obviously, if you don't understand French a little, it's mostly useless) : http://forum.nolife-tv.com/showpost.php?p=1910975&postcount=184 .

[Nolife is a French TV channel cofounded by Alex (FF Director), his wife and Sebastien (who plays Red Fromage), about Japanese music & pop-culture, video games and other related topics. It features (and gets money thanks to) a subscription-based catch-up website, online.nolife.com.]

If the terms under which they would be used suit you, I'm sure we can manage something : either you correcting our attempts of translation or "us" checking that there is no misunderstanding in your translation. Nolife forum is theoretically French speaking but I'm quite sure an exception can be made in the thread I linked if you'd like to post there.

2 - The english subtitles for episode 4 can still be downloaded using some "internet archive" website (I've forgotten the link but I can find it again). Maybe with FF6 the staff will update (and upgrade) francefive.com including the English section but as always, they're short on time.

As for episode 5, we (fans) already translated it as best as we (... mainly I...) could :
http://aptarus.free.fr/francefive/francefive_ep5_vosta.srt
I'm sure you can see why we could use your help (it may not be the most up to date version, but still)...

You can also see France Five related content (for free) on Nolife Online :
http://online.nolife-tv.com/rechercher (just type France Five in the search box). If you're a little techy, I'm sure you can do more than just "view".
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    France Five Index du Forum -> Jushi Sentai France Five Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: